· Name of the Startup: ShanMukha Innovations
· Incubated at: Society for Innovation and Development, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
· Founder(s): Dr. Sai Siva Gorthi
· Team strength: 5
· Current Status: Seeking external investment to develop, manufacture and bring products to market.
· Year of enrollment: 2016
· Technology Domain/Sector: Healthcare/Medical Devices
· Notable Achievements: Prototypes developed and tested in lab. One round of clinical validation completed for one device and in progress for two other devices.
· Brief profile (Including product details): ShanMukha Innovations is developing platform technologies to make clinical diagnostics affordable. Two technologies in hematology enable diagnostic tests such as Complete Blood count, Malaria to be done rapidly and accurately. Our Molecular Diagnostics platform enables accurate tests for Malaria, Kala-azar. Other test kits development in progress.
· USP/Uniqueness: Low cost devices. Portable form factor. Mobile app connectivity for easy operations. Accuracy equivalent to large, commercial devices.
· Capital raised/Revenue generated: Grants – INR 93.6 lakhs; Self-funded – 50 lakhs INR ; Revenues - 0
· Awards and accolades: Gandhi Young Technological Innovation awards in 2016 and 2017
· IP Generated (if any): 12 patients filed
· Contact details
o Address – First Floor, Entrepreneurship Centre, Society for Innovation and Development, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore - 560012
o Website – https://sminnovations.in
Contact number - +91 9845770784