· Name of the Startup: SIAMAF Healthcare
· Incubated at: Society for Innovation and Development (SID), IISc
· Founder(s): Dr. Subhasis Sarangi
· Team strength:
We are a team of 8 members. The team includes a physicist, a surgical oncologist, a business advisor, a chemist, two electronic engineer, and two microbiology graduates.
· Current Status: Clinical validation, TRL6
· Year of enrollment: 2016
· Technology Domain/Sector: Healthcare
· Notable Achievements: NA
· Brief profile (Including product details): SIAMAF Healthcare is developing an advanced nanomagnetic technology platform for cancer diagnosis and therapy. The first product of the company is MafPro, an ultrasensitive hand-held magnetic probe system for staging and treatment of breast cancer. The device offers radiation free sentinel biopsy and occult lesion localization in one platform. The device can less invasively, more quickly, and more accurately identify sentinel nodes and nonpalpable breast lesions, resulting in better treatment, lower patient morbidity and reduced costs to the healthcare system.
· USP/Uniqueness: Radiation free sentinel node biopsy and lesion localization in one platform
· Capital raised/Revenue generated: NA
· Awards and accolades:
Longitude Prize Discovery Award
Winner of Elevate 100 Startup, Dept. of ITBT, Govt. of Karnataka
BIRAC BIG Innovator Award
· IP Generated (if any): One patent granted and two pending
· Contact details
SIAMAF Healthcare Pvt. Ltd.
1st floor, SID building
Indian Institute of Science
Bangalore - 560012
o Website: www.siamaf.com
Contact number: +91 8023607900