- Creation / Augmentation of the Electronics and ICT R&D Infrastructure at CDAC.
- Core Capacity building in various domains of Agriculture and Environment Electronics, as well as creation of manpower by imparting training and extensive awareness programs.
- Pursuance of advanced R&D towards development of products and technology solutions for the identified domains.
- Field deployable prototype developments as the outcome of research.
- Product development and commercialization.
- Establishment of international linkage with the leading global R&D Institutes and Academia for collaborative research.
Identified domains for research and product/solution development:
- Mechanization and Robotics in the domain of Agriculture
- Quality Analysis of Agricultural commodities (e-Quality) for the National Agriculture Market (eNAM)
- Agricultural Informatics and Advisory
- Application of Image Processing and Spectroscopy for Quality Evaluation of Food and Agro produces
- Bio-sensing Framework for checking of poisonous residues in Food, Vegetables and to check heavy metals in Water
- Applications of Internet-of-Things (IoT) and sensors in Precision Agriculture and rapid soil testing
- Application of Electronics and ICT for Environment